Four Housing Awards of Excellence
The Wilden Living Lab Next Generation Home took home four Housing Awards of Excellence at the annual CHBA Award Gala on February 4th, 2023.
Awards were received in the following categories:
- Public and Private Partnership
- Environmental Initiative
- Innovative Feature (Multi-Source Clean Energy System)
- Certified Home
Our Goals In Building
The Next Generation Home
- Building an exemplary, attainable net-zero home according to BC Energy Step Code 5 and sharing best practices
- Creating a learning experience for students, trades and contractors
- Educating homeowners so they can make informed decisions
- Academic research, ongoing energy monitoring and nationwide sharing of research results
Building The Future
A UBC research initiative to make change happen and build better homes
Four partner organizations in the BC home building and energy industry, FortisBC, the Wilden Group, AuthenTech Homes, and Okanagan College, joined forces with UBC Okanagan to create the Wilden Living Lab research and learning project. The initial project was launched in 2017 to compare the energy use of homes built to different codes. In October 2022 the partners have completed the construction of a BC Energy Step Code 5, net-zero home. The design focuses on a robust building envelope, exceptional airtightness and highly efficient mechanical systems.
PRODUCTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Steps to Producing
More Energy Than Needed
The Next Generation Home generates more energy than it uses. It is 100% more efficient than a conventional home, is healthy to live in, has low energy bills, and lowers your carbon footprint. Learn about the different steps and start planning your own Next Generation Home
All For One Goal
Key partners of the Wilden Living Lab since 2015. A powerful partnership that has proven its ability to change the landscape of sustainable homebuilding in British Columbia.